Trophy Waters Flyfishing Shop|
(click image for detail)
Trophy Waters is Southern Oregon’s longest established fly-fishing business. After opening in 1998, the shop has enjoyed loyal and steady clients, regular sales and profits over the years as well as a staff that has generously shared their passion of the sport with everyone who walks through our door.
1,500 sq.ft. of retail space with a base rent of $900 a month, single net. This is a very favorable lease with a year left on contract. Prime corner spot at a high traffic signal light. Adjacent businesses are one of Medford’s oldest churches and a Coin and Jewelry store. Private Parking lot (7 spaces), with two reserved spots for employees. The collection of fixtures is stellar and includes some exceptional antiques and choice book collections with first additions. The store has an established, traditional and friendly feel to it.
Why buy this store vs. starting one from scratch?
1) After being at this location 7 of the 12 years in operation, tourists effortlessly find us off Interstate 5, and from the airport.
2) Established product accounts include Sage, Scott, Tibor, Mastery, and more. These are high-demand vendors that are difficult for new dealers to acquire.
3) Terrific web exposure! Searches consistently find us on Google’s first page. (Google “Medford fly fishing”)
4) Branding, logos, and industry connections formed over the last 12 years would be assumed with purchase.
5) We have a long standing web site with over 950 images as well as a fully expandable e-commerce site utilizing the same software used by The Redding Fly Shop, and other big online players.
6) Lastly, I can save you tens of thousands of dollars on future buying decisions based on my extensive experience and industry insight.
1) Medford is Oregon’s fourth largest city, and we are the only fly shop.
2) Southern Oregon is a fantastic place to live with mild winters. We are 2 hours from the coast, 40 minutes to Mt. Ashland Ski Area. Enjoy hiking, bike trails and exceptional golfing throughout the region. Take in an outdoor summer concert at the Britt Festival in Jacksonville or a Shakespeare play in near-by Ashland. Or spend a day touring the numerous local wineries.
3) 15 minutes from the Upper Rogue River Steelhead and Trout
4) Year-around fishing, Summer/Winter Steelhead runs, dozens of spring lakes and one hour or less to the Applegate River, Klamath River, Upper Sac to name a few.
5) Not an “all you eggs in one basket location” with a variety of fishing options for visiting or local customers.
Why are we selling? There comes a time in all of our lives to move on to the next chapter, and we are now ready to retire from retail.
Why is this a great opportunity? Although Trophy Waters has consistently grown over the years, it has yet to be promoted with more than a fishing guide’s budget. A buyer with advertising ideas and web savvy marketing could easily expand this already well-known establishment.
If you have ever dreamed of owning your own fly-fishing pro-shop in a great downtown location, this is a must see, once in a lifetime, rare opportunity. Owner motivated, so please call now!
For financial planning purposes, training and compensation for training will be conducted under the following time-phased schedule.
One mandatory 13-week period where I will be here full time. If you’re here, I’m here. Payable at time of purchase at a rate of $1,600.00 USD per week. $20,800.00 USD which IS reflected in the asking price of $99,500. This training period will ensure a smooth transition for me, you, and the customers who expect a certain level of expertise and service.
One Optional 13 week period where I will work 40 hours per week at a rate of $1,500.00 USD per week which is NOT reflected in the asking price of $99,500, payment to be disbursed from an established escrow account each Monday for the prior work week.
One Optional 13 week period where I will work 30 hours per week at a rate of $1,000.00 USD per week which is NOT reflected in the asking price of 99,500, payment to be disbursed from an established escrow account each Monday for the prior work week.
One Optional 13 week period where I will work 20 hours per week at a rate of $500.00 USD per week which is NOT reflected in the asking price of $99,500, payment to be disbursed from an established escrow account each Monday for the prior work week.
This schedule permits a smooth transition and allows the buyer to determine when to end the training while eliminating financial risk to both parties.
$1,000.00 REFERRAL FEE! - For those reviewing this listing but not interested in purchasing, if you know someone who may be interested in purchasing this business please let them know about this listing. If they complete the purchase I will pay you a $1,000 (one thousand dollars – US) referral fee once the sale to your referral is completed.
Trophy Waters Flyfishing Shop
101 S. Grape St.
Medford, OR 97501
PRICE REDUCED FROM 139k TO $99,500 or BEST OFFER
Owner Carry, Motivated to Sell. Make us an offer!!